• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester - Liverpool Electrification

Status
Not open for further replies.

319's not starting Wed 4th March either. Just confirmed on employee newsgroup.
No further updates at present as to when they will start just 'soon'

Correction......'looking like an extra days delay' which puts them on track for Thursday again.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ianhr

I think we can rely on someone on here to post confirmation when they do start running. I'll not be wasting time and money travelling to Liverpool until they do! Those members interested who live there will be up early and buy peak fare tickets for the first run but as I have to travel from Leeds I'm content to wait a few days. I hope it will be before the Northern £10 day rangers expire on 15th March though!

telstarbox

Established Member
I will bear out to the truth of that, but my postings on this website are almost 100 times more in number than those that I have made on the SSC website.

The moderation on SSC is terrible (non-existent) which means the infrastructure threads go quickly off-topic into the ins and outs of local transport policy.

richardio123

The moderation on SSC is terrible (non-existent) which means the infrastructure threads go quickly off-topic into the ins and outs of local transport policy.

Its because they have an average of 10,000 users on at any one time, with an uncountable number of threads on a ridiculous amount of different languages.

(Threads: 930,068, Posts: 83,006,268, Members: 841,618)

But yeah back to topic ;D

Last edited:

LDECRexile

Established Member
It appears that the footpath on the Liverpool-bound side of St Helens Junction station leading to Helena Road has now reopened.

Splendid, has the thundering great hole been filled with concrete?

Did you manage to take any photos?

Dave
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Word is that the paperwork has been signed off.

Fingers, toes, ears etc all crossed.....

Tomorrow is the day. Staff just been told in the last hour. No fine details published but there will be a press release forthcoming very shortly.

Usual disclaimer of subject to change etc etc.

Class377/5

Established Member
MD has confirmed he's out tomorrow welcoming electric units into service.

PDG1949

Whilst we’re waiting for the 319s, can I, as a relative newcomer add my thanks to everyone on this thread of the Forum, both professional and enthusiast, who has taken the time and trouble to contribute in a friendly, informative and such a predominantly positive way. It’s been not only interesting but educational – and I hope will continue to be. However, I’m sure you’ll agree that I can’t let this opportunity pass without acknowledging the fantastic input from ‘ LDECRexile’ – Dave - in the form of his highly detailed and comprehensive photographic record of Electrification in the NW, which some of us have had the privilege and generosity to contribute to, embellished by informative, inclusive text with the occasional slice of humour added. I don’t know how many people have noticed Dave’s location, but to get to any of the points covered whether by car or train, there is a journey time of at least half-an-hour. Although tens of photographs may appear on each album update, in order to get an optimum picture – particularly of or from moving trains, multi –shot mode is used, meaning Dave has to sort through several hundred following each session. Before I conclude this, I think you’ll also agree that we should also mention Phil Wieland’s parallel webpages – NW Sparks – with its excellent live track signalling diagrams.

Paul,

pdg1949

Established Member
I have eagerly looked forward to the introduction of the 319s for the last few months, I'm really pleased they first few are entering service tomorrow. I will probably have to wait until Friday or Saturday for my first ride unfortunately, due to other commitments.

Are there any ideas on when further units are due to enter service?

LDECRexile

Established Member
Whilst we’re waiting for the 319s, can I, as a relative newcomer add my thanks to everyone on this thread of the Forum, both professional and enthusiast, who has taken the time and trouble to contribute in a friendly, informative and such a predominantly positive way. It’s been not only interesting but educational – and I hope will continue to be. However, I’m sure you’ll agree that I can’t let this opportunity pass without acknowledging the fantastic input from ‘ LDECRexile’ – Dave - in the form of his highly detailed and comprehensive photographic record of Electrification in the NW, which some of us have had the privilege and generosity to contribute to, embellished by informative, inclusive text with the occasional slice of humour added. I don’t know how many people have noticed Dave’s location, but to get to any of the points covered whether by car or train, there is a journey time of at least half-an-hour. Although tens of photographs may appear on each album update, in order to get an optimum picture – particularly of or from moving trains, multi –shot mode is used, meaning Dave has to sort through several hundred following each session. Before I conclude this, I think you’ll also agree that we should also mention Phil Wieland’s parallel webpages – NW Sparks – with its excellent live track signalling diagrams.

Paul,

pdg1949

Thank you Paul, it's been great fun; to have it appreciated puts a tin hat on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.