• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester - Liverpool Electrification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cotty

According to Northern Rail a 319 ran to Wigan this morning, anyone see it/snap it?

Cotty

Apparently it was in service. A similar service was supposed to run last weekend but failed due to OHLE problems but it ran yesterday.

DavidLLS

The first electric to Wigan NW was the 0600 from Lime Street on Saturday 26th.
It returned to Lime Street on the 0703. The conductor said he didn't realise it was booked for a 319 until he signed on. With it being a 4-coach train, there was plenty of room for me and the other passenger from Wigan!

LDECRexile

Established Member
The first electric to Wigan NW was the 0600 from Lime Street on Saturday 26th.
It returned to Lime Street on the 0703. The conductor said he didn't realise it was booked for a 319 until he signed on. With it being a 4-coach train, there was plenty of room for me and the other passenger from Wigan!

It has been reported that the first ran last Saturday afternoon.

Sadly, the reporter didn't photograph it, were you able to?

LDECRexile

Established Member
Ther have actually started this Saturday gone.

I was on the 17:13 from Liverpool Lime Street, of which did 319361 did thre honours.

Although this poster has a poor record for accuracy he does say he was actually on the thing, though I must admit I thought the 17:13 ran to St Helens Junction and on to the airport, not to St Helens Central and Wigan NW.

Perhaps Ther (sic) referred to something else?

All very confusing.

DJH1971

Established Member
Although this poster has a poor record for accuracy he does say he was actually on the thing, though I must admit I thought the 17:13 ran to St Helens Junction and on to the airport, not to St Helens Central and Wigan NW.

Perhaps Ther (sic) referred to something else?

All very confusing.

It was definitely 319361 that I was on.

I saw 319368 out yesterday (rode on it to Manchester Oxford Road) on the 09:16 LIV-MIA service and posted a couple of pictures on the '319 cascade to Northern' thread. You are free to use these pictures.

Last edited:

Loop & Link

Not doubting there weren't 319's on the Airports last Saturday, but don't think one made it to Wigan, and yesterday was the first time they did.

LDECRexile

Established Member
I think it's clearer now.

DJH1971 did travel on 319 361 on the 17:13 out of Lime St on Saturday 18th April to an undisclosed destination which was not on the Wigan Branch.

The 06:00 319 to St Helens Central and Wigan NW on Saturday 18th April did run, but only made it as far as Huyton, where it turned back.

The 06:00 319 to St Helens Central and Wigan NW on Saturday 25th April did run all the way and back and was therefore the first service run by a 319 along the Wigan Branch.

Did anyone photograph it?

DJH1971

Established Member
I didn't have my camera/phone with me, but I can definitely confirm a 319 was heading East away from St Helens Junction a couple of minutes ago.

LDECRexile

Established Member
I didn't have my camera/phone with me, but I can definitely confirm a 319 was heading East away from St Helens Junction a couple of minutes ago.

Was there just one Northern Electric Class 319 Electrical Multiple Unit or were there two of them joined together?

LDECRexile

Established Member
They've made it to Deal St Jct; go on lads, go on!

Now in Man Vic. Yippee!

Can anyone please tell me how to follow them out again? I can't see a train out on realtimetrains, which usually means I'm looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.