• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Drivers - Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

heedfan

A different role i applied for at Newcastle just got put on hold, but I am yet to receive any correspondence in regards to the driving role. I suspect with COVID things tightening in the North East a lot of things may be put on the back burner until next year.

Maybe, but it's worth remembering that workplaces are exempt from most of the more recent tightening of regulations, and the industry has worked hard to be able to restart training as there is a need to fill roles across the board. It is fairly straightforward to socially distance adults in a classroom. A cab environment, admittedly less so, but most TOCs are dealing with that problem through regular testing and the forming of 'training bubbles'.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MRIGuy

Northern abandoned many of the recruitment drives they had ongoing and simply withdrew the roles. I had applied for a couple of driving roles and both were pulled.

Is it possible the role was withdrawn and they just haven't told you? I would ring them if I were you, if you have a contact number.
Sorry for the lateness in my reply.

I've spoken to recruitment as recent as two weeks ago. As I understand, my application and pass are still valid. I am at this stage currently awaiting a medical and allocation of course space.

Does anyone else find themselves in this position currently?

Tiz

Sorry for the lateness in my reply.

I've spoken to recruitment as recent as two weeks ago. As I understand, my application and pass are still valid. I am at this stage currently awaiting a medical and allocation of course space.

Does anyone else find themselves in this position currently?
Yeah me I have been waiting since July for Blackburn depot. Do you have the number you rang them on?

CreamNCookies

My heart always skips a beat when I get an email from the recruitment teams out there. With everything at the moment being told its taking longer than usual is better than an outright no.

Orange08

Don’t suppose any of you guys have had any update recently? Had the application been screened email for a different depot about 6 weeks ago but heard nothing since. Obviously with the current situation I guess recruitment is slowing while they gauge the public demand to public transport, however after having 2 separate applications pulled this year due to covid I was just hoping maybe 3rd time lucky....guess it’s got a lot to answer for has covid this year.

Route G

I received this on the 2nd of this month, not had anything since.

Thank you for applying for the above role.

We appreciate your patience whilst your application is being considered. There was a lot of interest in the roles, and it is taking us a little longer than expected to review each application.

Rest assured, we will be back in contact as soon as we have an update for you.

We would like to thank you again for your interest in the role and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can.

Fred Dinenage

Driver training has backed up due to covid. I’m sure they’ll get round to you once things start moving again.

Nothing heard here since the 2nd October either, good things come to those who wait!

Lumpa6259

I had the first email which is auto sent, then the second saying it was being screened but have not had any further update apologising for delay etc?? Should I be worried.. This is my first time applying [currently in the Police] but really want this.

train-safe

I had the first email which is auto sent, then the second saying it was being screened but have not had any further update apologising for delay etc?? Should I be worried.. This is my first time applying [currently in the Police] but really want this.

I believe everyone is in the same boat, northern and the railway are usually quite slow when it comes to recruitment

kitch31

Were you given ample notice for your interview to prep for it?
Yes interview is on the 2nd november so got plenty of time plus an interview guide, also worth mentioning interviews are held via zoom meeting so you need a laptop/pc and webcam.

When did you apply for the Leeds position mate?

I applied 18th september. worth noting I have already passed all the tests.

Kw91

Anyone waiting to hear back from northern about trainee driver jobs in York? Think it was advertised before the Leeds one so have a feeling it may have been pulled.

Orange08

Anyone waiting to hear back from northern about trainee driver jobs in York? Think it was advertised before the Leeds one so have a feeling it may have been pulled.
Yeah I’m in same boat, applied for York. Not heard anything else since your application is been screened email. Application is still live on the portal though so will see. Kicking myself for not applying for Leeds now if they’ve started moving forward. Hey ho you live & learn.

CreamNCookies

Yes interview is on the 2nd november so got plenty of time plus an interview guide, also worth mentioning interviews are held via zoom meeting so you need a laptop/pc and webcam.

Thanks for this bud!

Lumpa6259

Good luck for your interview pal. Seems you applied same time as me And I can only presume that because you have already passed all the test stage then you have been fastracked? Has anyone else heard anything back yet rejection or otherwise?

I just hope my application form gets through the sift as I feel quite confident I would be ok at interview stage. Anyone want to read my app form and tell me there honest opinion!!

kitch31

7 weeks is very fast apply to interview
Espes in covid
true story dude

Good luck for your interview pal. Seems you applied same time as me And I can only presume that because you have already passed all the test stage then you have been fastracked? Has anyone else heard anything back yet rejection or otherwise?

I just hope my application form gets through the sift as I feel quite confident I would be ok at interview stage. Anyone want to read my app form and tell me there honest opinion!!

yes thats what i think, a few friends who have applied for leeds too are still waiting to hear back.

Attachments

• F3C1A062-A302-4310-AF3B-52295A679827.jpeg
    F3C1A062-A302-4310-AF3B-52295A679827.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74

LokiB

Nope not heard anything really apart from the generic emails saying it's taking longer too sift because of high levels of applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.