• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Progress of delivery of cascaded/refurbished/PRM modified stock to TFW/Wales and Borders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tomm

On Moderation
230008 was on Bidston Wrexham test runs on 17th February as transport for Wales brought them themselves they are not affected by vivarail's collapse will they start running May timetable.

tomm

On Moderation
Anyone know what's happening with 150230 hasn't been out since 26 February? Is it having an exam like 153312?

I see no 2 car 175s out in service. Any news on a new operator for them.

Last edited:

Anonymous10

Established Member
Anyone know what's happening with 150230 hasn't been out since 26 February? Is it having an exam like 153312?

I see no 2 car 175s out in service. Any news on a new operator for them.
Rumoured to be Chiltern but nothing has been confirmed yet. All 175s to be gone by end of summer I believe.

Jez

Established Member
Rumoured to be Chiltern but nothing has been confirmed yet. All 175s to be gone by end of summer I believe.
Are all 175s to be gone by the end of the Summer or just the 2 carriages? Are TFW confident enough 197s will be in service by the end of Summer/early September?

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
Are all 175s to be gone by the end of the Summer or just the 2 carriages? Are TFW confident enough 197s will be in service by the end of Summer/early September?
I think it was said 2 cars to be gone by end of August, I can't see all the 3s being gone by then.

Anonymous10

Established Member
That's what I was thinking. Unless TFW are desperate to just get rid of them as soon as possible .
I might have been miss remembering things. Though I'm sure it was summer or September, I suppose it comes down to the 197s.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I think it was said 2 cars to be gone by end of August, I can't see all the 3s being gone by then.
You say that but 001 and 009 are the only operational two cars, one three car is at Ilford and of the therefore fifteen operational 175s, they’re sending maybe three or four out a day max already.

Jez

Established Member
I might have been miss remembering things. Though I'm sure it was summer or September, I suppose it comes down to the 197s.
Possibly by the end of September. There must be enough 197s by then in service to replace the current 4 or 5 average amount of 175s in service daily. Keeping the 3 of the 170s until October or November will also help.

Anonymous10

Established Member
Possibly by the end of September. There must be enough 197s by then in service to replace the current 4 or 5 average amount of 175s in service daily. Keeping the 3 of the 170s until October or November will also help.
Alternatively they could have enough 197s to bin off the 170s and 175s which would surely help

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
You say that but 001 and 009 are the only operational two cars, one three car is at Ilford and of the therefore fifteen operational 175s, they’re sending maybe three or four out a day max already.
001's been moved to Holyhead with 112 and 116 for storage to make more space at Chester.

Jez

Established Member
Alternatively they could have enough 197s to bin off the 170s and 175s which would surely help
That is probably the ideal scenario as I imagine TFW will want rid of both fleets as soon as they can. Keeping lots of small fleets isn't easy for maintenance etc

001's been moved to Holyhead with 112 and 116 for storage to make more space at Chester.
So I assume there won't be used for service? Any reason they couldn't alternate them with other sets between Holyhead and Chester so they could still visit Chester for maintenance as required? Could mean more in service overall.

Last edited:

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
That is probably the ideal scenario as I imagine TFW will want rid of both fleets as soon as they can. Keeping lots of small fleets isn't easy for maintenance etc

So I assume there won't be used for service? Any reason they couldn't alternate them with other sets between Holyhead and Chester so they could still visit Chester for maintenance as required? Could mean more in service overall.
I've got no idea all I know is they were moved.

sd0733

Established Member
Even then 001 is now at Holyhead out of use and 009 hasn't moved from Canton for a few days.

There's no 3 cars at Ilford, just a 2. 101 was reformed using the good 3 coaches from 008/101 and 008 is now the burnt 2, which is the set at Ilford. The 'new' 101 hasn't been used though and has been sat on the yard at Chester for several weeks.

Just the 2 cars have to be back with Angel at the end of August. The 3s won't be that far behind but it's not as restricted as the 2s.

The lease date ends then with it not being possible to extend so it's a moot point whether 197s filter through or not as they'll still have to hand the 175s back.

Last edited:

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I think this just furthers my point.

The lease date ends then with it not being possible to extend so it's a moot point whether 197s filter through or not as they'll still have to hand the 175s back.
Might we know why it can’t be extended? I’d like to think it’s because the knackered, troublesome yet very loveable things have a future somewhere else (I know the discussion of who and where is speculative so we’ll leave that in its own thread) but of course no one’s announced anything, publicly anyway.

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
I think this just furthers my point.

Might we know why it can’t be extended? I’d like to think it’s because the knackered, troublesome yet very loveable things have a future somewhere else (I know the discussion of who and where is speculative so we’ll leave that in its own thread) but of course no one’s announced anything, publicly anyway.
From what someone else said in another thread, I do understand they have a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.