• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Glasgow

Hi all, does anyone have an email for the Scotrail recruitment team?

I applied in December 2022 for the trainee train driver, but still not heard anything. Anyone else in the same position? Thanks
I am in the exact same position as you unfortunately.

TriumphRat

Hi all, does anyone have an email for the Scotrail recruitment team?

I applied in December 2022 for the trainee train driver, but still not heard anything. Anyone else in the same position? Thanks
I think when the adverts are posted they generally say if you haven't heard anything from them within 12 weeks you are likely to have been unsuccessful. However, many do hear back several months later (probably to save the company the trouble of another recruitment drive).

Train Newbie

I applied in December 2022 and up until now I had heard nothing.
However I was contacted by HR yesterday to send an up to date CV and highlight any changes to contact details, convictions etc for their records. Has anyone else received any communications of this nature?

RossMc

However I was contacted by HR yesterday to send an up to date CV and highlight any changes to contact details, convictions etc for their records. Has anyone else received any communications of this nature?
Likewise. I recieved an email today stating the same.

Dmcb

Nothing for me as of yet, applied back in January 2023. I heard they have advertised internally again and traditionally the public applications go live a few weeks after that.

lufulujadot@ao

A heads up for anyone interested - Scotrail will be advertising online for trainee drivers very shortly, with vacancies at almost every depot. Interestingly having seen the advert today (not online yet) it specifically states that anyone who has previously failed the assessments, even twice, is welcome to apply for the new testing process. Previous attempts are now all deleted.
Hey thanks but where and when this will happen because I have been looking everywhere

bigtweedy77

I received the same email this morning. Update any details that have changed and attach a CV.

Last edited:

RossMc

Did they ask for a CV or just confirmation that your details are the same and that you are still interested?
Same as you. Send CV, update details if required and confirm still interested. I'm assuming (hoping) this means we are past the sift and will be progressing to the next stage.

dmccluskey

Same here!

I emailed them a few weeks back asking if my application is still in process, as I am unable to login to the application portal online.

They got back to me, with somebody else copied in, asking for an up-to-date CV. They also let me know that my application was still active.

Everything crossed :D

Train Newbie

Same here!

I emailed them a few weeks back asking if my application is still in process, as I am unable to login to the application portal online.

They got back to me, with somebody else copied in, asking for an up-to-date CV. They also let me know that my application was still active.

Everything crossed :D
Nice one. They didn’t specifically say that my application is still active so I’m hoping that they have asked for the CV because it is active.

delboy84

I’m in the same boat - applied in December 2022, then sent in another application from a different email address in Jan 23. Heard nothing, then received an email on Wednesday this week (to both email accounts) so looks like they’re reviewing old applications. The jist of the email to me looks like “this is the process you’ll be going through if you’re still interested.” I wonder why they would include an 84 page guide to the assessment process if they weren’t going to invite to attend. So fingers crossed I get an invite for initial assessment fairly soon. Circumstances have changed at my current job (plus mortgage has gone up) so it would be a struggle to drop to the training rate, but think it would be a worthwhile investment. Right now I’m thinking I’ve got nothing to lose so if I’m not successful at any stage, no harm done.

RossMc

I’m in the same boat - applied in December 2022, then sent in another application from a different email address in Jan 23. Heard nothing, then received an email on Wednesday this week (to both email accounts) so looks like they’re reviewing old applications. The jist of the email to me looks like “this is the process you’ll be going through if you’re still interested.” I wonder why they would include an 84 page guide to the assessment process if they weren’t going to invite to attend. So fingers crossed I get an invite for initial assessment fairly soon. Circumstances have changed at my current job (plus mortgage has gone up) so it would be a struggle to drop to the training rate, but think it would be a worthwhile investment. Right now I’m thinking I’ve got nothing to lose so if I’m not successful at any stage, no harm done.
I'm the same. Surely receiving such an email containing the guide etc means we are through to the assessment stage?

In any case I've started my preparation and studying now so fingers crossed we are.

delboy84

I'm the same. Surely receiving such an email containing the guide etc means we are through to the assessment stage?

In any case I've started my preparation and studying now so fingers crossed we are.
I received a reply yesterday (surprising!) to say “I will put you forward for one of our sessions after 11th March” - requested after this date because I’ve got a pre-booked holiday. So the answer would be yes, you should expect an invite to assessment soon.

RossMc

I received a reply yesterday (surprising!) to say “I will put you forward for one of our sessions after 11th March” - requested after this date because I’ve got a pre-booked holiday. So the answer would be yes, you should expect an invite to assessment soon.
Yeah I recieved another email yesterday saying they would be back in touch with an assessment date.

Train Newbie

I got the email about requesting a CV when I asked if my application was still live. I sent the CV and my reply was that they had received it. So no confirmation that my application is still live and no instructions like the ones some you you guys have received.

bigtweedy77

Yeah I recieved another email yesterday saying they would be back in touch with an assessment date.

Hi everyone,

I got an email tonight inviting me to part 1 of the train driver assessment on the 12th of March.

Does anyone have any advice for the initial assessments?

Last edited: