• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee/Apprentice Drivers - Various Locations - Chiltern (19/07/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeatAndTwoMeg

ooh interesting! I wonder if they are doing each depot separately. I know many people who applied for Marylebone and nothing yet!
I think that is very likely!
Well done and best of luck with it. Have you passed all or any psychometrics already with a previous TOC/FOC?
Thank you, yes I have passed psychometrics to enhanced with another TOC which may have helped my application. Though, I understand that TOCs have different standards for what qualifies as an enhanced pass so it wouldn't be a guarantee that I'd skip assessment centre if I do pass the DMI.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bn98

Metaphorically speaking how does the application system run
I can't give you a metaphor on this occasion ;) (probably could but my brain can't come up with anything)... Are you referring to Chilterns in particular or more generally? If generally there is alot of info in the careers section if you do a search you'll find hundreds of posts that explain the different areas.

Have you applied for Chiltern? It's much the same as most others, written application with CV etc. if selected then assessments through OPC, MMI, then DMI etc... (or in whichever order they fancy). Paper based for GB.

sheikhabdul

I can't give you a metaphor on this occasion ;) (probably could but my brain can't come up with anything)... Are you referring to Chilterns in particular or more generally? If generally there is alot of info in the careers section if you do a search you'll find hundreds of posts that explain the different areas.

Have you applied for Chiltern? It's much the same as most others, written application with CV etc. if selected then assessments through OPC, MMI, then DMI etc... (or in whichever order they fancy). Paper based for GB.

Hypothetically speaking of which the application system are either running those employees currently or non employees & I thank you for your sincere assistance @Bn98

Last edited:

Bn98

It looks like they haven't reached out yet, I think someone said the person who had heard was from an earlier recruitment drive?

The wait is the worst!

sheikhabdul

It looks like they haven't reached out yet, I think someone said the person who had heard was from an earlier recruitment drive?

The wait is the worst!
Hello There hypothetically speaking of which does the application system are either running those employees currently or those non employees & I thank you for your sincere assistance @Bn98

MeatAndTwoMeg

The wait is the worst!
I only applied for the most recent recruitment drive and have been offered an interview. They definitely will be reaching out to other candidates!

sheikhabdul

Statistically speaking of which those are employees currently their are usually hired foreseeably whereas non employees are foreseeably nor hired

sheikhabdul

What do you mean by that?
Relatively speaking TFL,LNER & GWR practise employees hired only in years recently

Optimistically speaking will screen stages/interviewing are predominately Aylesbury

Optimistically speaking will screen staged/interviewing are predominately Aylesbury

Last edited:

Potts255

Out of curiosity, can anyone explain how the 16 week training in Leeds/Manchester work? Do you live down there? Is accommodation provided, food etc? Would like to know what happens here because of people with kids etc please.

Thank you

MeatAndTwoMeg

Relatively speaking TFL,LNER & GWR practise employees hired only in years recently

Optimistically speaking will screen stages/interviewing are predominately Aylesbury

Optimistically speaking will screen staged/interviewing are predominately Aylesbury
I'm not really sure what you're asking in the first part. But, I believe you will interview at the depot you apply for (as mine is taking place in Banbury). Not sure where the assessment centre will be - maybe someone from a previous recruitment drive can advise on this.

Out of curiosity, can anyone explain how the 16 week training in Leeds/Manchester work? Do you live down there? Is accommodation provided, food etc? Would like to know what happens here because of people with kids etc please.

Thank you
I'm fairly sure the job ad said the training will take place in Aylesbury which should be commutable for most people. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, I didn't screenshot the job ad so can't check.

JackO2034

I'm not really sure what you're asking in the first part. But, I believe you will interview at the depot you apply for (as mine is taking place in Banbury). Not sure where the assessment centre will be - maybe someone from a previous recruitment drive can advise on this.

I'm fairly sure the job ad said the training will take place in Aylesbury which should be commutable for most people. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, I didn't screenshot the job ad so can't check.
Yes the training is in Aylesbury.

Did you apply for one of those in particular? If you don't mind me asking. Because when I applied I didn't see an option to pick which one I was applying to (I live the same travel time from both!)
Mine was just Aylesbury. Don't recall there being an option - I could have picked Banbury as well if it had been on there

porksandwhich

I’m currently on a training course with chiltern. I understand that recruitment is currently being done in waves, so rest a little if you haven’t heard anything for anywhere yet, it may be a few months before they come around to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.