• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee/Apprentice Drivers - Various Locations - Chiltern (19/07/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tvpafo

I did my OPC assessment today. Passed tests to enhanced level, I've been told 7 to 10 days for the result of the MMI. Keeping everything crossed! 5 of us started, 3 had left by lunchtime. Just me and another chap left. It was exhausting! Hope I've done enough to progress

Sparrow

I did my OPC assessment today. Passed tests to enhanced level, I've been told 7 to 10 days for the result of the MMI. Keeping everything crossed! 5 of us started, 3 had left by lunchtime. Just me and another chap left. It was exhausting! Hope I've done enough to progress
Who with?

All internal staff been informed now.
Not sure why externals are still outstanding

IFeelTheNeed

Maybe we will wait until others have done OPC bits before a DMI is offered? That would be nice! Fingers crossed.
Yes quite possibly!

Did anyone here apply for the recent GTR roles?

Sorry that question was to everyone in here, not just a reply to WombleGuard !

I did, I applied for Aylesbury as did another guy I met yesterday and one of the other guys had applied for Marylebone.
Nice. All the best with the interview!

I did, I applied for Aylesbury as did another guy I met yesterday and one of the other guys had applied for Marylebone.
May I ask whether you received the interviews very recently?

Last edited:

Tvpafo

Yes quite possibly!

Yes, I think all of us who attended the opc yesterday got an email about a week before

IFeelTheNeed

Yes, I think all of us who attended the opc yesterday got an email about a week before
Sorry you mean an email about attending the OPC or another email about attending a DMI (Driver Managers Interview)? Because there is the MMI interview which happens at the OPC and a separate DMI interview which is a separate thing on a separate day with managers from the actual train company.

Just wanted to check for clarification because I am getting stressed waiting lol

Bird91

Yes quite possibly!

I applied for the GTR roles as well! Also applied for Aylesbury with Chiltern but yet to hear back

IFeelTheNeed

I applied for the GTR roles as well! Also applied for Aylesbury with Chiltern but yet to hear back
All the best with both! The tricky choice will be IF we are offered a job by Chiltern...but by then we are progressing along in the GTR recruitment process too...might be a tough choice to make lol

Tvpafo

Sorry you mean an email about attending the OPC or another email about attending a DMI (Driver Managers Interview)? Because there is the MMI interview which happens at the OPC and a separate DMI interview which is a separate thing on a separate day with managers from the actual train company.

Just wanted to check for clarification because I am getting stressed waiting lol
Ah sorry, yes about attending the opc/mmi. Been told its 7-10 days to get mmi results. She said if I have been successful at this stage the dmi will be next

Mabs

All the best with both! The tricky choice will be IF we are offered a job by Chiltern...but by then we are progressing along in the GTR recruitment process too...might be a tough choice to make lol
Does Chiltern do the DFFT assessment? I didn't do this assessment with GWR.

I think GTR does it.

I also applied for Chiltern and GTR and I'm in the waiting list for an interview with SWR.

Il take any, if given the chance. Right now I am only interested in the license so I can't pick and choose.

IFeelTheNeed

Does Chiltern do the DFFT assessment? I didn't do this assessment with GWR.

I think GTR does it.

I also applied for Chiltern and GTR and I'm in the waiting list for an interview with SWR.

Il take any, if given the chance. Right now I am only interested in the license so I can't pick and choose.
I'm not sure to be honest.

I missed the recruitment drive for SWR. When were their applications open? June?

In an ideal world which one would you rather drive for? In fact, what did SWR advertise as their full driver pay?

Mabs

I'm not sure to be honest.

I missed the recruitment drive for SWR. When were their applications open? June?

In an ideal world which one would you rather drive for? In fact, what did SWR advertise as their full driver pay?
I'm Internal so we can just apply. We don't need to wait for vacancies.

We just need to do the assessments but I've done them with GWR.

SWR pay is around 70k in London. I don't mind SWR as I'm already working for the company plus I got to know a lot of staff.

Also Chilterns is good as I'd buy a house in Aylesbury if I got the job.

IFeelTheNeed

SWR pay is around 70k in London. I don't mind SWR as I'm already working for the company plus I got to know a lot of staff.

Also Chilterns is good as I'd buy a house in Aylesbury if I got the job.
Ah that makes sense. Good to be internal, sounds like!

But yes, I think we just need to get hold of any licence to start with.

Mabs

Ah that makes sense. Good to be internal, sounds like!

But yes, I think we just need to get hold of any licence to start with.
It definitely helps being Internal and I would say SWR is a great company to work for.

The staff are friendly and I found management are good to their staff. That's my experience. Only problem is they are very slow with the driver recruitment but I can understand it must be something to do with government funding and contracts.

I'm expecting SWR to start recruiting at the end of the year and start of 2023.

IFeelTheNeed

It definitely helps being Internal and I would say SWR is a great company to work for.

The staff are friendly and I found management are good to their staff. That's my experience. Only problem is they are very slow with the driver recruitment but I can understand it must be something to do with government funding and contracts.

I'm expecting SWR to start recruiting at the end of the year and start of 2023.
Thanks for the info. Do you reckon they will be recruiting only internally at that point or internally and externally?

Mabs

Thanks for the info. Do you reckon they will be recruiting only internally at that point or internally and externally?
From what I heard. Nearly everyone internal applies to become a driver especially the guards and platform staff. They follow a waiting list system so whoever applies first is in the front of the queue.

I applied 2 years ago and HR said I should be near the front. I'm guessing it will be a large queue until they advertise externally.

But it depends what the company wants if they want a mix of internal and external but I know the internal interests are huge.

IFeelTheNeed

From what I heard. Nearly everyone internal applies to become a driver especially the guards and platform staff. They follow a waiting list system so whoever applies first is in the front of the queue.

I applied 2 years ago and HR said I should be near the front. I'm guessing it will be a large queue until they advertise externally.

But it depends what the company wants if they want a mix of internal and external but I know the internal interests are huge.
Hhmm. Thanks again for the information. Sounds impossible for me to get lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.