• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee/Apprentice Drivers - Various Locations - Chiltern (19/07/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamdong02

Just heard back from Chiltern. Unfortunately I wasn’t successful on this occasion as other people have a closer match for the criteria of the job required was their reason for not selecting me for an interview. Just giving you guys a heads up. Good luck guys.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IFeelTheNeed

Just heard back from Chiltern. Unfortunately I wasn’t successful on this occasion as other people have a closer match for the criteria of the job required was their reason for not selecting me for an interview. Just giving you guys a heads up. Good luck guys.
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up. Did they email you?

All the best for next time!

Also if you don't mind me asking, which depot had you applied for?

Mabs

I got the bad news aswell. I passed the assessments and I thought my questionnaire was good. Oh well il have to wait for GTR or SWR.

I started to work for TFL CSA1 (part time night tub) today so I will probably apply for Train operator for TFL in 6 months time. I was told the pay now is 68k

IFeelTheNeed

I got the bad news aswell. I passed the assessments and I thought my questionnaire was good. Oh well il have to wait for GTR or SWR.

I started to work for TFL CSA1 (part time night tub) today so I will probably apply for Train operator for TFL in 6 months time. I was told the pay now is 68k
Sorry to hear that. How did they communicate it to you? Via email?

At least you still have the other options, which is good. Possibly better options, in fact!

WombleGuard

Ah that's a shame mate. Was it Marylebone you wanted?

Mabs

Ah that's a shame mate. Was it Marylebone you wanted?
It was Aylesbury. Its a shame but I actually took nearly 2 hours to do the questionnaire and I thought it was good.

For me SWR is most likely to happen now if it does. I will chase it up in October and ask when I'm likely to have the interview. Hopefully not too long.

Sorry to hear that. How did they communicate it to you? Via email?

At least you still have the other options, which is good. Possibly better options, in fact!
It was an email but my online account still says application in process lol Maybe i should cancel the application before they reject my application.

IFeelTheNeed

It was Aylesbury. Its a shame but I actually took nearly 2 hours to do the questionnaire and I thought it was good.

For me SWR is most likely to happen now if it does. I will chase it up in October and ask when I'm likely to have the interview. Hopefully not too long.

It was an email but my online account still says application in process lol Maybe i should cancel the application before they reject my application.
The weird thing is I never received a long questionnaire...only a short one. And I know of at least two other people who only received a short equal opportunities type questionnaire and no other longer one. First I assumed I must have not noticed something in that email but I doubt the same happened to two other people. Plus I was really careful not to miss anything. So something unusual is going on or it is just their HR which might not be very organised. Or maybe it is because I have done OPC assessment and all the other things before for another company...I don't know. All I know is that the not knowing what is happening is getting stressful lol.

Also sorry, it has been so long I don't even know where the access to the online account is. Could you send the link, please? Thanks

Hopefully you will get SWR!

Mabs

The weird thing is I never received a long questionnaire...only a short one. And I know of at least two other people who only received a short equal opportunities type questionnaire and no other longer one. First I assumed I must have not noticed something in that email but I doubt the same https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/en_US/jobsGlobal/Login on or it is just their HR which might not be very organised. Or maybe it is because I have done OPC assessment and all the other things before for another company...I don't know. All I know is that the not knowing what is happening is getting stressful lol.

Also sorry, it has been so long I don't even know where the access to the online account is. Could you send the link, please? Thanks

Please login and check

WombleGuard

The weird thing is I never received a long questionnaire...only a short one. And I know of at least two other people who only received a short equal opportunities type questionnaire and no other longer one. First I assumed I must have not noticed something in that email but I doubt the same happened to two other people. Plus I was really careful not to miss anything. So something unusual is going on or it is just their HR which might not be very organised. Or maybe it is because I have done OPC assessment and all the other things before for another company...I don't know. All I know is that the not knowing what is happening is getting stressful lol.

I have OPC passes and received the long questionnaire. The email started something like 'we would like to know a little more about you.......'

IFeelTheNeed

I have OPC passes and received the long questionnaire. The email started something like 'we would like to know a little more about you.......'
Thanks for the reply.

I have double-checked and I only ever received a link for a short diversity questionnaire. Literally 5 questions.

So maybe they aren't considering my application after all but just have not told me that. Below is the email and link:

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for our Trainee Train Driver role at Chiltern Railways (part of the Arriva Group)

Following on from reviewing your CV, we would like to invite you to complete the below questionnaire, to form additional information regarding your application.

The information will be attached to your initial application and used for screening by our recruitment team. It may also be discussed further in phone or video interview.

Please follow the below link to complete the application form, it should take you no longer than 15 minutes, and you can complete it via your computer, smartphone or tablet.

https://forms.office.com/r/y2N4AYLRim

You will have 5 days to complete this link before your application expires.

In addition, we at Arriva acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy."

WombleGuard

Thanks for the reply.

I have double-checked and I only ever received a link for a short diversity questionnaire. Literally 5 questions.

So maybe they aren't considering my application after all but just have not told me that. Below is the email and link:

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for our Trainee Train Driver role at Chiltern Railways (part of the Arriva Group)

Following on from reviewing your CV, we would like to invite you to complete the below questionnaire, to form additional information regarding your application.

The information will be attached to your initial application and used for screening by our recruitment team. It may also be discussed further in phone or video interview.

Please follow the below link to complete the application form, it should take you no longer than 15 minutes, and you can complete it via your computer, smartphone or tablet.

https://forms.office.com/r/y2N4AYLRim

You will have 5 days to complete this link before your application expires.

In addition, we at Arriva acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy."
How strange. Totally different email to mine.

"Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Apprentice Train Driver position. We would like to learn more about you and have prepared some questions for you to answer. The questionnaire should take around 45 minutes to complete, although there is no time limit. We ask that you follow this link and submit only once."

MeatAndTwoMeg

Just thought I'd share that I had my DMI last week and am anxiously awaiting their decision!

I won't share any of the questions on here, but will say that nothing unusual came up. If you prepare for competency type questions, can demonstrate how your skills and experience match up to the role of a train driver and research the company you will be absolutely fine. I found the driver managers to be very friendly which helped make it easier to relax and show my personality a little bit.

IFeelTheNeed

How strange. Totally different email to mine.

"Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Apprentice Train Driver position. We would like to learn more about you and have prepared some questions for you to answer. The questionnaire should take around 45 minutes to complete, although there is no time limit. We ask that you follow this link and submit only once."
Yep, very strange...

WombleGuard

Just thought I'd share that I had my DMI last week and am anxiously awaiting their decision!

I won't share any of the questions on here, but will say that nothing unusual came up. If you prepare for competency type questions, can demonstrate how your skills and experience match up to the role of a train driver and research the company you will be absolutely fine. I found the driver managers to be very friendly which helped make it easier to relax and show my personality a little bit.
Nice one! Best of luck to you.

IFeelTheNeed

Nice. All the best with it!

May I ask which depot you were being interviewed for?

Frankie4763

Did everyone receive a confirmation email after sending the application form? I didn’t receive any confirmation after sending the 45 minute questionnaire/application form

WombleGuard

Did everyone receive a confirmation email after sending the application form? I didn’t receive any confirmation after sending the 45 minute questionnaire/application form
I got one to say they had received application and that it would be 2-4 weeks to hear back. But I got the questionnaire email almost immediately after that. Nothing since.

Frankie4763

I got one to say they had received application and that it would be 2-4 weeks to hear back. But I got the questionnaire email almost immediately after that. Nothing since.
Same here…I sent the questionnaire and did not receive any confirmation email. Fingers crossed we’re still in the running

MeatAndTwoMeg

Nice. All the best with it!

May I ask which depot you were being interviewed for?
Thank you both. I feel it went well, but am trying to prepare for bad new as it is so competitive.

I interviewed for Banbury. I asked how many drivers they were recruiting for and they said around 6 or 7. The Banbury depot is one of the smaller ones, so I expect Marylebone and Aylesbury will be looking for a few more.

IFeelTheNeed

Thank you both. I feel it went well, but am trying to prepare for bad new as it is so competitive.

I interviewed for Banbury. I asked how many drivers they were recruiting for and they said around 6 or 7. The Banbury depot is one of the smaller ones, so I expect Marylebone and Aylesbury will be looking for a few more.
Ah ok, thanks. They still don't seem to have interviewed anyone for Marylebone or Aylesbury I think...

The rail industry are so poor at communicating I think it’s because of the volume of people who apply
Yes good point

Winnie999

I emailed Chiltern and got a reply.
-

Thanks for confirming that your application is for the Trainee Train Driver role at Chiltern Railways.

The Hiring Managers are currently processing a very large recruitment drive for a complex geographical area, and they ask all candidates to please wait to be contacted to see if you are to be progressed. Part of the train driver recruitment process is gauging essential non-technical skills and this process starts at application.

We are unable to provide any further individual responses at this point.

Kind regards,

——-

I guess it’s a waiting game then…….

WombleGuard

I emailed Chiltern and got a reply.
-

Thanks for confirming that your application is for the Trainee Train Driver role at Chiltern Railways.

The Hiring Managers are currently processing a very large recruitment drive for a complex geographical area, and they ask all candidates to please wait to be contacted to see if you are to be progressed. Part of the train driver recruitment process is gauging essential non-technical skills and this process starts at application.

We are unable to provide any further individual responses at this point.

Kind regards,

——-

I guess it’s a waiting game t
That's you told off.

Bn98

So after some digging it turns out there was two methods of submitting applications for some reason! Via DB's website or via the direct form through arriva. Those who went through arriva would have had no confirmation email and completed an online form.

No idea the logic or if it affects application progress! Its the railway... who knows.

Frankie4763

So after some digging it turns out there was two methods of submitting applications for some reason! Via DB's website or via the direct form through arriva. Those who went through arriva would have had no confirmation email and completed an online form.

No idea the logic or if it affects application progress! Its the railway... who knows.
Thank you

MeatAndTwoMeg

I've found out that my DMI was successful and they will be sending me a course date in a couple of weeks since I have already passed psychometrics!

I was told the December course is filled for Banbury Drivers, but there is due to be another course in early 2023. They just need to nail down the date for that one.

The contact I have been speaking to in the recruitment team is going on holiday for 2 weeks, so bear that in mind for all who are still waiting for an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.