• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transfer of LNER HST 125s to East Midlands Railway (EMR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I think it’s a shame to go to all that effort only for it to clash horrendously with the Virgin red :lol:

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Is that why the power car features white towards the rear?
It should have been a white stripe and then red, separating the white and purple neatly. As it is, it’s just white which is wrong because the Mark 3 carriage starts with red. It sounds pernickerty when I say it but it looks odd.

Established Member
Is that why the power car features white towards the rear?
If a Mk3 set was ever done these would of just been white similar to the center coaches on the 222/180's hence the white area towards the rear. There was a picture shown on an EMR video sometime last year with a purple powercar and mk3.
Ah okay, I got a little confused because the amount of purple/white on the 156/9 and 222 units looks inconsistent.
Probably due to the length of the units.

greatvoyager

Established Member
If a Mk3 set was ever done these would of just been white similar to the center coaches on the 222/180's hence the white area towards the rear. There was a picture shown on an EMR video sometime last year with a purple powercar and mk3.

Probably due to the length of the units.
Maybe so, it looks so unbalanced having so much purple compared to the rest.

SteveyBee131

Ah okay, I got a little confused because the amount of purple/white on the 156/9 and 222 units looks inconsistent.
On the Regional units, the purple sweeps up across the second passenger window (except on the 156 toilet side). On Intercity units it sweeps up at the pillar between the third and fourth windows. I'm not sure why it's longer, perhaps due to unit lengths as @43055 suggests.

However, perhaps this should be in the EMR livery thread :oops:

yorksrob

Veteran Member
If only each carriage in the set had been done in different midland main line used liveries from over the years! :lol: I'm sure there must by 6

BR Blue and grey
MML Tangerine
The MML white blue grey
EMT stagecoach

I must have missed some

I was very fond of the Teal and Orange. Love to see a carriage with that one again !

WesternLancer

Established Member
anyone got a rough idea as to what they are, going off of previous weeks? ta muchly
see recent posts on here in answer to my similar question eg post #75 with times (link image here shows a different post at head of page but relevant info lower down)

Looks like HSTs on 24 April, and 8 May. That may be it for Saturdays

221101 Voyager

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.