• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What number is this bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madannie77

That's the right route. The floor is yours. But would you like to tell us which operator runs the route ?

When I was in the Huddersfield area regularly it was Stotts, but if I remember correctly it didn't have the Pole Moor extension at the time.

edit to above: I note from a look at the current timetable that it is still operated by Stotts.

Next puzzle:

This bus route links Kendal with two railway stations and is booked to pass through a town no longer on the railway map.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
and thats why i should learn to read! I misread Kendal for Keswick.

564B to Dent?

madannie77

and thats why i should learn to read! I misread Kendal for Keswick.

564B to Dent?

564B is the right answer. It passes Oxenholme Station and on Saturdays terminates at Dent Station, having passed through the "book town" of Sedbergh, hence my rather poor clue.

I have lived in Carlisle for 10 years and I still confuse Kendal and Keswick occasionally.

Over to you.

gnolife

Established Member
This Monday to Saturday service has a bus each hour (each way) at a point on its route, which is served by all buses except the first southbound of the day. This route has a northbound service and a southbound service terminate at this point within 3 minutes, and has a northbound service and a southbound service depart within three minutes an hour later.

martinsh

Established Member
564B is the right answer. It passes Oxenholme Station and on Saturdays terminates at Dent Station, having passed through the "book town" of Sedbergh, hence my rather poor clue.

I have lived in Carlisle for 10 years and I still confuse Kendal and Keswick occasionally.

Over to you.

Who runs this route ?

madannie77

Woofs of Sedburgh

Woofs run the Wednesday service, Apollo 8 run the Saturday service, according to Cumbria County Council.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/elibrary/Content/Internet/544/931/6270/40674144350.pdf
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
This Monday to Saturday service has a bus each hour (each way) at a point on its route, which is served by all buses except the first southbound of the day. This route has a northbound service and a southbound service terminate at this point within 3 minutes, and has a northbound service and a southbound service depart within three minutes an hour later.

We are short of information here. According to the rules given in post #1, "you MUST provide the buses start point".

Statto

Established Member
What's happening with this quiz now, the FM hasn't replied to his original question, & he's left out the route's starting point?

madannie77

Sorry: I assume from the sad face that I wasn't supposed to get that so quickly. A bit of local knowledge (from over a decade ago) and too much useless information in my head pointed me in the right direction.

And so to my next bus route.

This route, with three journeys each way on Monday to Saturday, starts in Guildford and takes more than twice as long as the direct route to it's destination, which is a lot closer to Guildford than the furthest point served.

Ivo

Established Member
44 I think. Guildford to Cranleigh, via Godalming - and a short stretch of West Sussex.

Collecting timetables is sometimes pretty useful! :p

madannie77

44 I think. Guildford to Cranleigh, via Godalming - and a short stretch of West Sussex.

Well that didn't take long. My turn for the :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Collecting timetables is sometimes pretty useful! :p

That I have to agree with, although there comes a time when storage becomes an issue.

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
It'll be my turn to do a sad face (saving the exact emoticon for the moment in question) in a few minutes I expect.

This Arriva route is shadowed by an express route whose number bears no relation to it for its entire journey. Instead, the express route takes its number from a different route operated by Stagecoach that overlaps the Arriva route for a short stretch (the two routes' termini are about three miles apart). The route in question was blessed with brand new buses in 2010, and is numbered in such a way that it is assumed to be a part of the network in the area where the two different local routes overlap. A small stretch of the Stagecoach-overlapped section aside, the entire route is within the boundaries of a PTE.

That I have to agree with, although there comes a time when storage becomes an issue.

Yes. Like living in University accommodation :|

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
As stated above:

:(

I only actually wanted the 47, but it is correct nonetheless. Oddly though, the two times I had used the 2 - the Stagecoach route - it couldn't decide what vehicle to use! One was a Solo, the other a Trident...

burns20

It can be a transbus trident, e400 trident, volvo olympian, dart, solo or versa depending on what the depots got.

Custom built buses built in northern england operate this rural summer only service and occassionally a city service in the winter whose termini are over 30 miles apart.

madannie77

This bus route starts in Chesterfield and runs approximately hourly on Mon-Sat daytimes with three journeys on Sundays. There are three different terminal points at the other end of the route, and in the evenings a different operator runs two journeys to a fourth different terminal point.

Welshman

Established Member
Hulleys of Baslow service 89 Chesterfield-Barlow/Holmesfield and Dronfield?

Welshman

Established Member
OK.

This service starts in Halifax and is roughly hourly during the day Mon-Sat.
On a Sunday, another operator runs 4 services per day but the terminus is extended to another town.

Status
Not open for further replies.