• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MF1664

Have you sent a polite email asking for a follow up? If not, then definitely do.
Hello

Who would you email? at the stage I am at, I have only dealt with the OPC. They told be Avanti would be in touch but after looking through the thread, some people have waited months... I am waiting for DMI details.

Gman1974

Last week I emailed the woman who sent me my DMI interview details, and I emailed avanti recruitment. Neither of which have replied yet.

Ses16

Hello

Who would you email? at the stage I am at, I have only dealt with the OPC. They told be Avanti would be in touch but after looking through the thread, some people have waited months... I am waiting for DMI details.
DMI details as to sit it? Or if you’ve passed it? What depot you from? If it’s not Euston then I can only say sit tight and they’ll get to you once they need you.

Last week I emailed the woman who sent me my DMI interview details, and I emailed avanti recruitment. Neither of which have replied yet.
Private message me please.

Jquarterz

Probably not the news everyone wanted to hear but at least they have messaged us and things are moving ever so slow

I’ve received the same email for wolves. Looks like the back end of summer start of autumn may be the next round of call ups. People can stop checking their phones and emails constantly now ha!

jdm365sito

Waiting for a DMI date, had a similar email saying there is no availability for interviews at the moment but will be in touch.

Looks like they have made plans for the next couple of months and we will just have to be patient whatever stage we’re at.

Ned21

I’ve received the same email for wolves. Looks like the back end of summer start of autumn may be the next round of call ups. People can stop checking their phones and emails constantly now ha!
I'm wolves also, it is nice to have an update can relax about missing a call or email for a couple months now at least.

Mirek

I've received same email as well. It is strange, as last forum messages were about calls for March course.

RossMitchell

Polmadie applicant here.

First applied in March 2023. DMI in December 2023. Informed of pass and placed in talent pool in January 2024.

Just had the call to be offered training course in Polmadie 27th May 2024.
Awaiting details for medical etc.

Offered a place a lot quicker than I anticipated having monitored this thread over the last few months.

I asked if there was a course later in the year as it would suit my unforeseen personal circumstances however was told no. Obviously I accepted the place on the May course. Delighted to just get started.
I would presume from that it means the courses after May will be in Crewe.

So it seems they’ve got the ball rolling again with courses throughout 2024.

Last edited:

Dmcb

Polmadie applicant here.

First applied in March 2023. DMI in December 2023. Informed of pass and placed in talent pool in January 2024.

Offered a place a lot quicker than I anticipated having monitored this thread over the last few months.

I asked if there was a course later in the year as it would suit my unforeseen personal circumstances however was told no. Obviously I took the place on the May course. I would presume from that it means the courses after May will be in Crewe.

Congratulations RM, that was a quick process.

I'm also a Polmadie applicant but I'm still waiting for a stage 2 date. Judging by what you've said it looks like that won't be for a while yet with no courses scheduled after the May one.

AWCTalentTeam

Verified Rep - Avanti West Coast
Polmadie applicant here.

I asked if there was a course later in the year as it would suit my unforeseen personal circumstances however was told no. Obviously I took the place on the May course. I would presume from that it means the courses after May will be in Crewe.

Hi Ross,

We'll give you a call later to discuss.

Cmcwhinnie1

Hi Ross,

I’m assuming that anyone who were still waiting for the stage 2 of online stuff who is a polmadie applicant is now out of the running for future stages, I applied at the start of 2023, passed the first set of online tests and the last correspondence I had was in June and have emailed avanti but unfortunately no response.

azzabooth

I applied last time it opened, unfortunately i dipped the stage one face to face assessments by one test, passed 7 out of 8 so would have to go back and just do that one.

Does anyone have any idea's when avanti would be recruiting again, obviously ill wait the 6 months, so after june it will be, but im guessing it will be months if not years away with the massive recruitment this time?

Anyone have any other ideas for other companies to apply for as I have the national pass mark just not enhanced. Thanks in advance

GPR

I applied last time it opened, unfortunately i dipped the stage one face to face assessments by one test, passed 7 out of 8 so would have to go back and just do that one.

Does anyone have any idea's when avanti would be recruiting again, obviously ill wait the 6 months, so after june it will be, but im guessing it will be months if not years away with the massive recruitment this time?

Anyone have any other ideas for other companies to apply for as I have the national pass mark just not enhanced. Thanks in advance
Probably looking at Northern for Manchester.
TPE/ Cross Country have recently advertised and Avanti have a shedload of people in talent pools, people awaiting DMIs, people awaiting assessments, people awaiting next stage of online assessments.
Can’t see Avanti advertising for a few years now.

CEB24

Hi Ross,

AWC: do you have any updates for Feb-March 2023 applicants? Liverpool and Manchester mostly but also in general? The OPC are a little light on updates recently. Appreciate there's a ton of applicants, and Euston is the priority, but as you can see from this forum thread, there's a ton of us applicants stuck in limbo. Thanks in advance.

Ses16

Might be overthinking - July courses haven't been booked out yet - is that right? Thinking a week in the Sun in June would be a safe bet?
July courses have been. they were the next ones due but to answer your assumption, yes i think that would be a safe bet to take a week in the sun. Go enjoy yourself!

Just to throw my two pence in, I am surprised the polmaide applicant got a course date. From the messages on this forum, the scottish depots i assumed were not a priority to be filled, I mean some candidtates are still awating assesment dates. I can only assume DMI score DOES definitley play a part in the selection process or they try and fill a course with trainees from each depot.

Anyway i hope the rest of you lot wont be waiting long, fingers crossed for you all.

Last edited:

JohnnyOne

July courses have been. they were the next ones due but to answer your assumption, yes i think that would be a safe bet to take a week in the sun. Go enjoy yourself!

Just to throw my two pence in, I am surprised the polmaide applicant got a course date. From the messages on this forum, the scottish depots i assumed were not a priority to be filled, I mean some candidtates are still awating assesment dates. I can only assume DMI score DOES definitley play a part in the selection process or they try and fill a course with trainees from each depot.

Anyway i hope the rest of you lot wont be waiting long, fingers crossed for you all.
Cheers for the reply, let us all know how you get on in March. I'm going to switch off from all this and rely on Cancelation insurance!

Eljaffacakeo

Has anyone heard anything about the resumption of the recruitment process for Polmadie? Is there an expiration on the tests that we have done so far and passed?