• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting start with TFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat1234

The 3 weeks in the training school (the classroom based stuff as you quoted) is Mon - Fri 9 - 5 (ish). After that, you get sent to your station group to shadow and will be doing shift work, so if it’s Night Tube then that’ll be Sat and Sun nights.
Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mabs

The 3 weeks in the training school (the classroom based stuff as you quoted) is Mon - Fri 9 - 5 (ish). After that, you get sent to your station group to shadow and will be doing shift work, so if it’s Night Tube then that’ll be Sat and Sun nights.
It's Friday and Saturday nights.

Rme6

Hi guys! I’m new here so I hope you can help me!
Last Thursday I had an interview for CSA2 and Friday I’ve got an email that I was successful! I clicked the link to accept conditional offer. Now, I have all documents ready (health questionnaire, proof of ID, address etc.). Should I send it now and wait for a date for OH appointment or I’ll get something else from them? I’m confused cause on the forms there’s employee number which I don’t have yet :)

And one more question, when they’ll send me the contract? I need to give 4 weeks notice so until I’ll sign the new one I cannot resign.

Thank you
I had virtuall interview on Thursday, congratulations email on Friday also asking for filled documents back ASAP. I sent everything back Friday afternoon, i filled what I knew left employee references number blank. Now waiting for the next step. It has been a long wait for me initially. I applied on 7th of June 21, but once I passed my written assignment it all happened pretty quickly.

vantime

CSA2 training is now only 5 days at Ashfield and the following Monday you're back for the first aid course. The next 4 days you are "shadowing" at your allocated station/stations and familiarising yourself at the station. Wasn't sure this was going to be the right way to learn but definitely agree with it in hindsight as you learn so much more on the job.
Like myself and the other 5 in my training class you'll probably be "over established" so wont have a permanent roster and will fill annual leave and sickness etc. at your station until you've gone back to Ashfield for your CSA1 licence, which I think is another 1 week course. At this point you can nominate a station to move to or stay at your initial one if they have a vacancy for a CSA1. Some stations have huge waiting lists to go to though. I'll be gutted to leave where I am as it easily accessible and all the staff are great, but the waiting list is huge.
So far so very good.
To add, the night tube staff where all being CSA1 trained and that was a 2 week course.

Rme6

CSA2 training is now only 5 days at Ashfield and the following Monday you're back for the first aid course. The next 4 days you are "shadowing" at your allocated station/stations and familiarising yourself at the station. Wasn't sure this was going to be the right way to learn but definitely agree with it in hindsight as you learn so much more on the job.
Like myself and the other 5 in my training class you'll probably be "over established" so wont have a permanent roster and will fill annual leave and sickness etc. at your station until you've gone back to Ashfield for your CSA1 licence, which I think is another 1 week course. At this point you can nominate a station to move to or stay at your initial one if they have a vacancy for a CSA1. Some stations have huge waiting lists to go to though. I'll be gutted to leave where I am as it easily accessible and all the staff are great, but the waiting list is huge.
So far so very good.
To add, the night tube staff where all being CSA1 trained and that was a 2 week course.
Hello mate, can you please tell me how long did you wait between passing the interview and starting your training. Do they consider travel time when they allocate a station? Thanks

After sending all documents, how long you were waiting for any response from them? Thanks
I was just wondering the same thing. I sent them back on 19/11 and waiting for the response. Sick of waiting lol. Please let me know when you get a response. Thanks

Last edited:

BlackZeta

I was just wondering the same thing. I sent them back on 19/11 and waiting for the response. Sick of waiting lol. Please let me know when you get a response. Thanks
Still nothing.. I’ve sent my documents I think on 6/11. I was calling last week and I’ve got a confirmation that they’ve got it but lady said that I need to wait now cause they have a delays in recruiting so they’re going through all applications.. Also said that they’re waiting for a dates of training but for sure nothing this year.

To be honest I didn’t expect it’ll go so slow..

Mawkie

To be honest I didn’t expect it’ll go so slow..
If it's any consolation it's no faster once you're inside the organisation. There are still a few train op candidates from the 2017 campaign coming through training now!

Rme6

If it's any consolation it's no faster once you're inside the organisation. There are still a few train op candidates from the 2017 campaign coming through training now!
Oh, I'll be at retirement age at this rate ;)

vantime

Hello mate, can you please tell me how long did you wait between passing the interview and starting your training. Do they consider travel time when they allocate a station? Thanks

After accepting the conditional offer of employment I was issued a list of dates I could start training. If I recall it correctly it was about a dozen consecutive Mondays starting from around 4 weeks after my interview and I was required to choose maybe 6 dates. I'm not sure if travel time is factored in for definite but it worked out fantastic for me and pretty good for the other trainees.
You are offered the opportunity to swap with the other trainees if that suits any of you.
In response to the follow up from recruitment after submitting your forms it's pretty much "no news is good news" but you can call them up to see how things are moving on.

Rme6

After accepting the conditional offer of employment I was issued a list of dates I could start training. If I recall it correctly it was about a dozen consecutive Mondays starting from around 4 weeks after my interview and I was required to choose maybe 6 dates. I'm not sure if travel time is factored in for definite but it worked out fantastic for me and pretty good for the other trainees.
You are offered the opportunity to swap with the other trainees if that suits any of you.
In response to the follow up from recruitment after submitting your forms it's pretty much "no news is good news" but you can call them up to see how things are moving on.
Thank you very much for detailed answer mate. Much appreciated.

Mawkie

Depressing news for some candidates on here I suspect. TfL have announced its intention to reduce the staffing model on stations by between 500-600 staff, mainly CSAs.

RMT have already announced they're in dispute over this, and will be balloting 10,000 staff from Monday, with a view towards strike action in the new year.

Rme6

This is a very depressing news. Let's hope for the best.

Has anyone received the email regarding withdrawal of job offer due to recent developments?

Last edited:

Londonkens

This is a very depressing news. Let's hope for the best.

Has anyone received the email regarding withdrawal of job offer due to recent developments?

Not heard anything as of yet, I’m assuming you’ve received an email like this? If so I’m so sorry, what did it actually say?

Last edited:

Rme6

Not heard anything as of yet, I’m assuming you’ve received an email like this? If so I’m so sorry, what did it actually say?
No, haven't received email myself but one "friend" who works for tfl said that they will start sending these emails out. Hope he is talking rubbish.

Londonkens

No, haven't received email myself but one "friend" who works for tfl said that they will start sending these emails out. Hope he is talking rubbish.
I’ve spoken to recruitment onboarding 3 times this week and even spoke to the main CSA lady whose in charge of onboarding us basically!

All of them said not to listen to anything in the media, they haven’t been told anything at all and they will be continuing to recruit and train as normal.

they did however say that no training dates from any new recruits will be offered until at least March as they are still onboarding mass amounts of recruits dating back to October so let’s keep positive.

TFL’s financial position will become a lot clearer tomorrow when they are given extra cash by the government.

P.S this is a great number to phone if you need any info or reassurance from the TFL recruitment onboarding team just press option 2 once you get to it. Call as many times as you like, I sure did.
they are brilliant 0333 006 2939

Has anyone heard anything more from TFL onboarding or any info in general?

Last edited:

Rme6

I’ve spoken to recruitment onboarding 3 times this week and even spoke to the main CSA lady whose in charge of onboarding us basically!

All of them said not to listen to anything in the media, they haven’t been told anything at all and they will be continuing to recruit and train as normal.

they did however say that no training dates from any new recruits will be offered until at least March as they are still onboarding mass amounts of recruits dating back to October so let’s keep positive.

TFL’s financial position will become a lot clearer tomorrow when they are given extra cash by the government.

P.S this is a great number to phone if you need any info or reassurance from the TFL recruitment onboarding team just press option 2 once you get to it. Call as many times as you like, I sure did.
they are brilliant 0333 006 2939

Has anyone heard anything more from TFL onboarding or any info in general?
Nothing. Will keep you posted.

BlackZeta

Today finally I’ve got a call to book a medical check. So I guess they didn’t stop the recruitment..

BlackZeta

I hope they leave voicemails if we miss the call, I often have my phone on silent - I’d prefer an email, congratulations anyway.. when are you having your medical? Next year or before Xmas?
I’m going tomorrow but they were offering me another dates as well.

I’ve send my documents 7/11 so if you did after me probably they’ll contact you soon.

Rme6

I hope they leave voicemails if we miss the call, I often have my phone on silent - I’d prefer an email, congratulations anyway.. when are you having your medical? Next year or before Xmas?
Same here mate, I have a driving job and my employer don't allow using phone in the van even if it is on Bluetooth. That's why I asked.

Same here mate, I have a driving job and my employer don't allow using phone in the van even if it is on Bluetooth. That's why I asked.
Just spoke to the recruitment line and am told that they have my documents and will be in touch when it's my turn probably mid January let's see.

Last edited:

Rme6

I was at Ashfield House a few weeks ago and someone who was on my course asked some CSA2s who had started training that week.
They asked me for oyster nominee details, the whole shebang so I assume that's untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.