• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different Driver Depot, Route and Traction cards

iphone76

Thanks. Aside from the high level platforms, does every depot sign all routes now?

Thanks, duly updated.
Cheers.

No - everything else remains as before. No additional routes for any depots. Ilford are currently learning out to Heathrow, but no booked diagrams until at least May 23.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
Cheers.

No - everything else remains as before. No additional routes for any depots. Ilford are currently learning out to Heathrow, but no booked diagrams until at least May 23.
No problem, got it updated now.

800 Driver

Some changes for GWR: Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol TM and Gloucester GWR Depots now sign though to Paddington (link dependent), GWR Paddington transition link sign to Bristol TM via Box and Hullavington, plus Cardiff (including via Filton).

Paddington HSS no - longer sign Didcot to Oxford
Reading GWR Links 1 and 2 do NOT sign Windsor or Maidenhead - Bourne End / Marlow

irish_rail

Established Member
Some changes for GWR: Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol TM and Gloucester GWR Depots now sign though to Paddington (link dependent), GWR Paddington transition link sign to Bristol TM via Box and Hullavington, plus Cardiff (including via Filton).

Paddington HSS no - longer sign Didcot to Oxford
Reading GWR Links 1 and 2 do NOT sign Windsor or Maidenhead - Bourne End / Marlow
At Plymouth it is only HSS who currently sign through to London, Plymouth GWR currently only go to Reading (for now).

Tea&Biscuit

Hi

I hope this is the correct thread to write this on. I’ve have been researching SE and its depots. My research keeps coming up with 13 depots, (16 if I include the 3 HS depots). SE tweeted yesterday that they have put defibrillators in 17 of its depots. So, my question is does anyone know what/where the 17th depot is?
Any help regarding this would be very appreciated.

craigybagel

Established Member
Hi

I hope this is the correct thread to write this on. I’ve have been researching SE and its depots. My research keeps coming up with 13 depots, (16 if I include the 3 HS depots). SE tweeted yesterday that they have put defibrillators in 17 of its depots. So, my question is does anyone know what/where the 17th depot is?
Any help regarding this would be very appreciated.
Are they perhaps referring to train maintenance depots rather than train driver depots? Drivers and trains are often not based at the same location.

Toby268

Does anyone know the specific route and traction differences per link for ScotRail at Edinburgh Waverley? Many thanks

Driver068

Do Grand Central now stable there units over night in Tyne Yard now rather that Heaton Depot?

dan4291

Do Grand Central now stable there units over night in Tyne Yard now rather that Heaton Depot?
Yeah looks like it. RTT is showing no paths to Heaton any more for Grand Central. Makes sense to bring them to Tyne Yard from Arriva's point of view as they also maintain the XC Voyager fleet there.

Driver068

Thats what i thought. I tried to look as far as advanced as i can and they keep showing up at TY not HTN. Wonder why this may be, like you say makes sence. Cheers

craigybagel

Established Member
Does anyone know the specific route and traction differences per link for ScotRail at Edinburgh Waverley? Many thanks
I've not seen any sources for that in a long time - since before Tweedbank opened. Back then IIRC bottom link was Edinburgh - Glasgow, Dunblane and Fife Circle. A higher link added North Berwick and then top link went to Dundee. Unfortunately I've nothing more up to date.
Hi. Anyone know Freightliner HH Acton routes please?
Unfortunately I've not included Freight because information is too hard to get hold of - and that in any case with freight drivers it seems to be that route knowledge doesn't just differ between links, but between individual drivers.

busestrains

On Moderation
I've not seen any sources for that in a long time - since before Tweedbank opened. Back then IIRC bottom link was Edinburgh - Glasgow, Dunblane and Fife Circle. A higher link added North Berwick and then top link went to Dundee. Unfortunately I've nothing more up to date.

Unfortunately I've not included Freight because information is too hard to get hold of - and that in any case with freight drivers it seems to be that route knowledge doesn't just differ between links, but between individual drivers.
These documents show the up to date Scotrail information of which depots sign what including which links sign which.

Attachments

• Drivers Depots.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Drivers Routes.pdf
    272.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Drivers Stocks.pdf
    321.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Conductor Depots.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Conductors Routes.pdf
    198.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Conductor Stocks.pdf
    216.7 KB · Views: 24

craigybagel

Established Member
These documents show the up to date Scotrail information of which depots sign what including which links sign which.
Thanks very much for that treasure trove, I've gone through it and updated the list as required.

I don't suppose you'd be able to explain the situation at Inverness, where as far as I can tell one link only signs HST's but still manages to sign all routes?

AG1994

LNER Kings Cross no longer sign the 08 as MK4 sets are no longer split up/swapped around at Bounds Green, appears most of that work now happens in Doncaster with the 67.

So King’s Cross is now 80x and 91 for everyone, 67 for thunderbird link.

craigybagel

Established Member
LNER Kings Cross no longer sign the 08 as MK4 sets are no longer split up/swapped around at Bounds Green, appears most of that work now happens in Doncaster with the 67.

So King’s Cross is now 80x and 91 for everyone, 67 for thunderbird link.
Thanks, duly updated.

TEW

Established Member
SWR Bournemouth you can now add Cosham/Bedhampton to Portsmouth Harbour, although I believe it is a link dependant route.

Salisbury adds Basingstoke to Reading

craigybagel

Established Member
SWR Bournemouth you can now add Cosham/Bedhampton to Portsmouth Harbour, although I believe it is a link dependant route.

Salisbury adds Basingstoke to Reading
Thanks, nice to be adding routes for a change!

craigybagel

Established Member
Birmingham Moor Street lost 68/DVT work in the December timetable change.
And normal service is resumed with me making cuts on the list again! I'm quite surprised at this one as well, I thought this was core traction for Moor Street? Oh well, I'll edit it now.

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
It was a surprising move but the 68s aren’t stabled in Birmingham so Moor Street would have always been first in the crosshairs. The 68s lease is up for renewal next year and I’d not be surprised if they let it expire.

InkyScrolls

Minor correction for Northern drivers at Skipton: B link sign to Blea Moor, about one mile beyond Ribblehead, with only A link signing beyond there.

class ep-09

Worcester Shrub Hill GWR drivers ( not HSS ) are about to start training on Turbos (165/166) to start driving these from May TT as a part of Metro West frequency increase between Worcester and Bristol .

Time will tell how far they’ll be driving though as none sign the entire route from Worcester to Bristol TM ( some sign up to Bristol Parkway ).

GWR drivers based at Worcester are route learning between Worcester - Cheltenham - Gloucester - Swindon - Didcot ( Reading / London they already sign )

craigybagel

Established Member
Worcester Shrub Hill GWR drivers ( not HSS ) are about to start training on Turbos (165/166) to start driving these from May TT as a part of Metro West frequency increase between Worcester and Bristol .

Time will tell how far they’ll be driving though as none sign the entire route from Worcester to Bristol TM ( some sign up to Bristol Parkway ).

GWR drivers based at Worcester are route learning between Worcester - Cheltenham - Gloucester - Swindon - Didcot ( Reading / London they already sign )
Thanks - I think I already had the route down for Worcester unless I misread things, but I've marked both that and 16x as currently learning.