• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogie

No they sent me to flippin Birmingham for mine even though I live in Manchester! Why don't you call the place and ask them, if no one else on here knows :)
thats bloody bonkers, have you had a conditional contract yet and what area will you be at. I've had an offered depot driver

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Diff

Hello all,

Does anyone know about the rule about living 1 hour within the depot? Maybe someone’s brought it up in one of their interviews?

My problem is when I applied I lived less than an hour from the depot I applied for, now, months later, I live 1 hour and 8 minutes from the depot. My stage 2 assessments are at the end of this month and I’m panicking. What if they just terminate my application? I have emailed with no reply.

Not too sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers :)

Paulm36

Hello all,

Does anyone know about the rule about living 1 hour within the depot? Maybe someone’s brought it up in one of their interviews?

My problem is when I applied I lived less than an hour from the depot I applied for, now, months later, I live 1 hour and 8 minutes from the depot. My stage 2 assessments are at the end of this month and I’m panicking. What if they just terminate my application? I have emailed with no reply.

The new advert for freightliner trainee drivers states 90 minutes , so I wouldn't worry to much if I were you

Seejwalker

Hello all,

As Paul said, don't worry about it mate. They are allowing for 90mims

Diff

Keep schtum.

Haha I was thinking that but they need proof of address for the stage 2 it says.

The new advert for freightliner trainee drivers states 90 minutes , so I wouldn't worry to much if I were you

As Paul said, don't worry about it mate. They are allowing for 90mims

Wow really?! Is that only for the new London ad though or for all depots? If it’s all then it’s a massive weight lifted!

Lendog2012

Morning folks, random but easy question of the day. For those who received the email about medicals, did it come through on the "Trainee Train Drivers" email or another address?
Cheers Lendog

Stigy

Established Member
Haha I was thinking that but they need proof of address for the stage 2 it says.
They tell you to bring proof of address so I’d still do so, however the OPC didn’t want it and said this was for Freightliner so hand it over at the DMI, however I asked at my DMI as nobody mentioned it, and was told not to worry about it. Might just have been me though as they may have already made their mind up by that point? I did think it was strange at the time... :(

Seejwalker

Wow really?! Is that only for the new London ad though or for all depots? If it’s all then it’s a massive weight lifted!

It will apply to all depos I imagine mate, logic would tell me that if anything they would want you living closer to London depos because of how bad the traffic is, so really don't worry.

Pete C

I took proof of address, no-one looked at it.

Morning folks, random but easy question of the day. For those who received the email about medicals, did it come through on the "Trainee Train Drivers" email or another address?
Cheers Lendog

It was another email, directly from one of the HR staff.

4F89

Are there any HH Crewe lads in here? Just wondering how far in advance you know your RD. I know the working roster is the end of the previous week, but more interested in the rest day rotation.

R Trevithick

Are there any HH Crewe lads in here? Just wondering how far in advance you know your RD. I know the working roster is the end of the previous week, but more interested in the rest day rotation.

Once you have your line in the link I think your rest days are set.
It’s a 51 line link at HH Crewe based on 17 lines. So every 17 weeks the rest day pattern repeats.

Nishhh

They tell you to bring proof of address so I’d still do so, however the OPC didn’t want it and said this was for Freightliner so hand it over at the DMI, however I asked at my DMI as nobody mentioned it, and was told not to worry about it. Might just have been me though as they may have already made their mind up by that point? I did think it was strange at the time... :(

Not just you, they didn’t look at mine either...

Tony43

HH mate, I'm in the pool for reading, good luck.
cheers fingers crossed took test for another TOC not quite six months ago passed all but TEA-occ. Six months will be up in two weeks hoping that will not rule me out but not too confident.

baz962

Established Member
Hi All, Do you think I should reapply to this even though I got turned down after mangers interview and last month?

Even though it is not part of the testing , most toc/foc companies wont accept another application within six months

Hi All, Do you think I should reapply to this even though I got turned down after mangers interview and last month?

Its usually the case that if you fail one of the interviews that you can't reapply for the same job for at least 6 months (I know this to be true for at least a couple of TOCs). However you could always email/call their HR team to find out for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.