• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - Apprentice Driver - Kings Cross & Leeds (06/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Rivers

Congratulations.
Nothing for me yet. Which depot did you apply for?? And has your status changed on LNER’s website?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chippychips

My housemate got an email just a moment ago saying, more or less, "Thank you for your application, we are working through a large number of applications and will get back to you following the completion of your video interview"

Just thought I'd pass that on incase it helps anyone.

derailleur

Yeah just got the email too at 20:04 stating they currently have a significant volume amount of video interviews to assess.

Out of curiosity the other members who have got next stage invites, did you apply on the day it came out and before the 9th? Curious as to if they are going by the order of when the video interviews were submitted or scores of the video interviews…

Nuttygooner

Yeah just got the email too at 20:04 stating they currently have a significant volume amount of video interviews to assess.

Out of curiosity the other members who have got next stage invites, did you apply on the day it came out and before the 9th? Curious as to if they are going by the order of when the video interviews were submitted or scores of the video interviews…
I applied and did all of the assessments on the 6th and did my video interview on the 7th.

Haven't heard a thing, not even a holding email *shrugs* maybe I am not what they are looking for. NBD.

DMckduck97

Maybe if the few who have recieved emails with invites to a DMI have specified in their application that they have a valid assessment/MMI pass. they may have been prioritised, potentially saving OPC costs.

Nuttygooner

Maybe if the few who have recieved emails with invites to a DMI have specified in their application that they have a valid assessment/MMI pass. they may have been prioritised, potentially saving OPC costs.

Mine is still valid for another 3 years. I am in no hurry.

MeatAndTwoMeg

I did mention in my application that I have already passed the train driver assessments (minus the mmi), so that may have played a part in a speedy progression. I submitted my application on the 10th and did the video interview last Thursday.

TreacleMiller

Yep holding email here too. Bit disheartening that some are getting the next web based true interview but it's not a no.

Nuttygooner

Yep holding email here too. Bit disheartening that some are getting the next web based true interview but it's not a no.
At least you haven't been ghosted :lol:

I may just go through the internal route, where I am, but the last couple of years at my depot and TOC have been shocking for trainee drivers, from what I have heard, I would strongly prefer to learn to drive elsewhere.

Last edited:

MintyMango

Holding email as well. Got my hopes up when I saw it pop up but hopefully don't have to wait too long

derailleur

All these emails at weird times, no consistency! I wonder if its the system sending these as it is pretty late lol or actual staff working till late :0

Javelin_55

I've had an email this evening to say they're still working through all the applications and will get back to me asap.

Driving myself mad wondering if that's a good sign, a bad one, or neither...

D Rivers

Not recieved an email to my email account but when I go on LNER’s website it’s got a new email at 20:20. Holding email. Odd

All these emails at weird times, no consistency! I wonder if its the system sending these as it is pretty late lol or actual staff working till late :0
The only consistency I can see in this pattern is that the ones who have been given an interview seem to be earlier on in the evening, the holding emails seem to have come out at 2 different times, 2010 ish and 2150 ish which makes me think groups of people.

I could (and probably am) be completely wrong but that’s what makes sense to me. Especially if they’re watching the videos one by one

bruebunny

I'm assuming/hoping this is a first batch of people who completed their video interview and are now in line for the first teams interview. So they are working in tandem, rather than waiting until all the video interviews are assessed. Everything crossed anyways. Hopefully they are still going through them...I got the holding email too

Italia4945

Having been through process the last year and getting to know the team, I can confirm that all the shortlisting is done in person!!!! It’s a small team and takes them a good while to get through all the applications.

I don’t know how they prioritise the shortlisting but they receive thousands of applications and work all hours to get through them.

WaterCup123

Applied for Leeds. Application submitted Wednesday. Had video interview on the Friday. No holding email or change of status online.

Nuttygooner

Having been through process the last year and getting to know the team, I can confirm that all the shortlisting is done in person!!!! It’s a small team and takes them a good while to get through all the applications.

I don’t know how they prioritise the shortlisting but they receive thousands of applications and work all hours to get through them.
I can imagine that shortlisting, or recruiting for trainee drivers is the Railway HR equivalent of the end of the Financial Year for book-keepers, accountants etc.

As in all hands on deck, it's going to get crazy.

I woke up to a holding email, it arrived very, very late... Well, I guess it is the railway... :lol:

Lewis5949

At least you haven't been ghosted :lol:

I may just go through the internal route, where I am, but the last couple of years at my depot and TOC have been shocking for trainee drivers, from what I have heard, I would strongly prefer to learn to drive elsewhere.
To clarify, is this for LNER or elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.