• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The only Court that counts here is the European Court of Justice (until 31st Jan at least) so its off to Stratford International

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Once again I come back to find the game in total disarray - how can Stratford possibly be allowed when there isn't an eclipse in progress? It's perfectly obvious that we need to go straight to Hainault to avoid perpetual looping.

Established Member
Can I start with a Bonetti's Defence, and play Snaresbrook.

Just seen this, having been delayed by signalling problems. You can blame anything on signalling problems. Anyway Bonetti’s defence is much stronger if you are wearing The Cat’s green gloves on a rainy day, so I’ll play.....

Cold Blow Lane

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Pratts Bottom is always worth a play, I'm told, though Pratt may not agree.

DerekC

Established Member
We are now completely off the rails and I propose that to restore the situation we reset the game with a large dose of syrup of figs all round, after which of course we must recommence at Beckton.

Established Member
Quite agree, and where better to dry your figs than.....

Cyprus

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The spiritual home of Dusty Springfield and Amy Winehouse

HIGH BARNET

Ostrich

Figs, dates, Christmas Cake, it must be the Season of Goodwill, Vicar, so the next most logical move is Parsons Green?

DerekC

Established Member
That's a good move given the current weather forecast but in order to avoid complications with the lubricant I suggest the best place to retreat to is Amersham

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Josiah Arkwright's crowning achievement, when his series of interconnected locks brought the River Lea down to the docks in East London, now lost without trace, even on the internet, has to be the next move, if Bercow's amendment to the Erskine May protocol is allowed, collectively named the BOW LOCKS.

Wombat

I'm not sure that Fox Covet is ever legal, but I shall offer you a Turnpike Lane. You may each draw one card.

A Challenge

Established Member
And to try and defuse hostilities, I take the now-defunct RV1 tourist bus to Covent Garden

Jona26

In defence of pikes it's off to Tower Hill to get some weapons

If this move had been played yesterday that would have been legal as Boxing Day repeats are allowed. After Boxing Day any further occasions of a number two must be wiped from the record.

DerekC

Established Member
After Ruislip Gardens I just have to raise you Park Royal

gazumped again … and on the verge of something great. If you want to demolish the careful strategic approach created by the previous four posts, that's the way to go about it. I have only one possible move which will bring the whole thing crashing down:

Willesden Junction

DarloRich

Veteran Member
After Ruislip Gardens I just have to raise you Park Royal

gazumped again … and on the verge of something great. If you want to demolish the careful strategic approach created by the previous four posts, that's the way to go about it. I have only one possible move which will bring the whole thing crashing down:

Willesden Junction

I see your Willesden Junction and raise you a Nine Elms.

Ha. Stick that in your strategic pipe and smoke it!

DerekC

Established Member
Gotcha - City Road is a "Weasel" station mentioned in the well known ballad on the subject - that allows me to draw a Tramlink card and I have turned up Therapia Lane. Get out of that one, sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.