• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern talent pool 2023

VLW

How long did it take between filling out the Form D - Life Changing Events Declaration and getting your offer?
I received and sent back the declaration on 13th Nov which also had my provisional offer attached (pending passing my medical).
Had my medical on 15th and received my official offer today to start 19/2/24.
My medical had been rearranged 3 times though as the clinicians had been off & so had previously submitted the declaration previously too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DJG193

good to see some more movement. What role and depot you in the pool for?
Manchester for a Driver

I received and sent back the declaration on 13th Nov which also had my provisional offer attached (pending passing my medical).
Had my medical on 15th and received my official offer today to start 19/2/24.
My medical had been rearranged 3 times though as the clinicians had been off & so had previously submitted the declaration previously too.
Sounds exactly my experience. Medical was Monday so hopefully not too long a wait.

LeeH

I'm waiting to hear back from the medical as well. To those who have heard, do they send you a final offer after your medical pass ? or do they just inform you of passing the medical, and wait untill they have got references etc? Waiting to inform work I'm leaving but obviously want the contract signed first.
Hi
I was informed on Monday that I’d successfully passed the medical and that I was passed fit for the role and that my recruitment advisor would would be in touch soon to confirm start date and discuss next steps.

VLW

Manchester for a Driver

Sounds exactly my experience. Medical was Monday so hopefully not too long a wait.
Have you been given a provisional course too? Pending medical?
Did they tell you on the day if they’d passed you - pending lab work obvs!

Hi
I was informed on Monday that I’d successfully passed the medical and that I was passed fit for the role and that my recruitment advisor would would be in touch soon to confirm start date and discuss next steps.
That was similar for me - although I’d been given a provisional start date beforehand.
Sounds like everything is on the move though for a lot of us so really positive

LeeH

Have you been given a provisional course too? Pending medical?
Did they tell you on the day if they’d passed you - pending lab work obvs!

That was similar for me - although I’d been given a provisional start date beforehand.
Sounds like everything is on the move though for a lot of us so really positive
Yeah I was given a provisional start date when I was given date of my medical.

No they didn’t tell me on the day that I’d passed my medical. I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks to find out I’d passed.

VLW

No they didn’t tell me on the day that I’d passed my medical. I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks to find out I’d passed.
What’s your date ?

LeeH

Brilliant - well gd luck - I’ll be right behind you so if you’ve any hints or tips for us once you’ve started - let us know
Thanks. Yeah you too. Will do. What provisional date you be given?

Brilliant - well gd luck - I’ll be right behind you so if you’ve any hints or tips for us once you’ve started - let us know
Just received final job offer. It is the same date as was given for privisional start date.
Time to chill out!

Last edited:

LokiB

Yes, me mate, induction day at the Hilton on the 15th then start conductor training the next day.
Is that the same for you but you’re doing the driver training?
Yes mate, I'll be there on 15th for the induction. Think it's just a one day thing and training starts on the 16th.
It was a 2 day thing last time I did it.

LeeH

Yes mate, I'll be there on 15th for the induction. Think it's just a one day thing and training starts on the 16th.
It was a 2 day thing last time I did it.
I cant wait. Been a long time coming but nearly there now.
Am I right in thinking you already work for northern?

LokiB

I cant wait. Been a long time coming but nearly there now.
Am I right in thinking you already work for northern?
Yeah I'm a guard already.
The wait is defo worth it mate. Sure there are tough days but it's best job I've ever had and in a way I'll be gutted I won't be doing it anymore.
You'll love it.

TTCCB

I applied for the conductor role at Sheffield & was successful so im now in the talent pool. Does anyone know when / how frequent the training groups are? Hoping to get a start date before the 9 month lapse. Cheers

LeeH

Absolutely lovely team at Leeds, good luck all
Thank you

I applied for the conductor role at Sheffield & was successful so im now in the talent pool. Does anyone know when / how frequent the training groups are? Hoping to get a start date before the 9 month lapse. Cheers
I’ve no idea but if I hear anything once I start I’ll let you know.

SiTheTrainGuy

I’m now in the talent pool for a driver position at Skipton having passed the tests and MMI yesterday. Pleased to have got this far in the process. Just hope I’m not waiting too long for a provisional start date o_O :D

LeeH

I’m now in the talent pool for a driver position at Skipton having passed the tests and MMI yesterday. Pleased to have got this far in the process. Just hope I’m not waiting too long for a provisional start date o_O :D
Well done! Hopefully you’ll hear something soon.