• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

danludd

I’m starting the 5th aswell, anyone had a Teams invite for the first day induction? When I spoke to Laura when confirming my ID she mentioned first day will be WFH via teams.
No, not yet. Laura didn't mention that to me when I spoke to her a couple weeks back. But I read it somewhere that it would be on teams and the course trainers would be in touch.
Have you received your pass or uniform yet? Haven't had mine yet, just wondering how long they take to come through.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simotrfc

I’m starting the 5th aswell, anyone had a Teams invite for the first day induction? When I spoke to Laura when confirming my ID she mentioned first day will be WFH via teams.
Probably come the week before that mate. It’s a company wide induction with all different grades on it. Brutal but necessary! Good luck

Carrollg76

No, not yet. Laura didn't mention that to me when I spoke to her a couple weeks back. But I read it somewhere that it would be on teams and the course trainers would be in touch.
Have you received your pass or uniform yet? Haven't had mine yet, just wondering how long they take to come through.
No uniform or pass yet, hopefully get it soon. I'll keep you updated if/when I receive it.

craigybagel

Established Member

No uniform or pass yet, hopefully get it soon. I'll keep you updated if/when I receive it.
Don't worry, passes and uniforms don't normally arrive until after you start - several weeks after in the case of uniform. You'll be given some form of temporary travel pass to get you to and from training in the meantime.

Congratulations both of you by the way.

Plumbstone

I'm in the same situation, all paperwork gone in and waiting for pass, uniform and teams invite for the company induction.

neilsmythe

Hi all,
Had a email from TfW regarding the Shunter Driver Interview I had a couple weeks ago. Passed the interview and now hopefully into sit the paper and computer tests soon. No date as of yet but already nervous thinking about all the tests I need to prepare for! Chuffed to say the least!
Have you received a date for the assessments yet Jacob?

Following thread

Last edited:

Jacob Didcote

Shunter driver

It’s exactly the same assessment centre as the train driver one I’m led to believe .
Oh brilliant! Well hopefully we hear back soon! Need to start practicing them haha! Got a general idea as I've tried the tests in the past just to see what they are like. Nice to know someone else who went for it!

danludd

Just emailed Laura, we should be getting induction invites this week. That’s if you are starting 5th Sep.
That's good to know.

Did you have an email from Laura asking for proof of bank account details? I had one saying they've been having issues with inputting information for payroll or something.

neilsmythe

Oh brilliant! Well hopefully we hear back soon! Need to start practicing them haha! Got a general idea as I've tried the tests in the past just to see what they are like. Nice to know someone else who went for it!
Yeah I’ll keep you up to date if I hear anything mate

sosbanfach182

Just emailed Laura, we should be getting induction invites this week. That’s if you are starting 5th Sep.
Thank you for the heads up
That's good to know.

Did you have an email from Laura asking for proof of bank account details? I had one saying they've been having issues with inputting information for payroll or something.
Yeah I had that email this afternoon as well

Jeff1938

I have my DMI tomorrow in Chester, applied July/aug 2020
Anyone else there? Feeling exceptionally happy to have made it this far in truth, have used this forum many times for reference!!!

Simotrfc

Anyone else there? Feeling exceptionally happy to have made it this far in truth, have used this forum many times for reference!!!
Good luck. On the last couple of weeks of the course now, been great so far.

ErnieFan

In Chester tomorrow for my medical, I applied August 2020 too. Good luck!