• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transfer of LNER HST 125s to East Midlands Railway (EMR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DB

Only one production power car has previously regained its original number on the system.

Which one was that? 43053? (briefly renumbered 43253 with sticky digits, but I don't know whether the registered number was ever changed).

On Moderation
Which one was that? 43053? (briefly renumbered 43253 with sticky digits, but I don't know whether the registered number was ever changed).
Correct. It was changed on the system and then rapidly changed back.

The two LNER blue/grey power cars are 43206/312 officially.

fgwrich

Established Member
Another picture of 43102 along with the date 19th February for the big reveal. Looks very intercity to me.

We are EMR (@weareEMR) / Twitter
As if the game wasn't given away already. A bit of a shame it's gone like this as it would originally have been a big reveal, but after it was leaked / blabbed on twitter, the EMR staff page has run along with the updates like this.

Still, at least it's paint and not hastily applied Vinyl ala 185.

Neptune

Established Member
Seen on Instagram today 43102 revealed at Neville Hill in full IC swallow livery. Named The Journey Shrinker in honour of its speed record.

Established Member
@WesternLancer and anyone else wondering. 43102 is not out today.

43251 and 43310 (NL57) on the 0634 Leeds to London
43309 and 43320 (NL56) on the 0519 Leeds to London

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Power car looks great. I'm quite partial to the previous Executive livery but only because one of my first model trains was in that livery, back in the late 1980s when I was a toddler!

heedfan

Would have been better if it had been gramatically correct! There should be an apostrophe in 'World's'.

You beat me to it! I absolutely appreciate that grammar is not everyone's strong point and that's fair enough. But it drives me up the wall that whoever is ordering these things for the power cars at EMR can't even get their grammar checked by someone who knows what is correct and incorrect. The stickers that were on some of the Paxman power cars recently, whilst a lovely touch, were atrocious. In a previous life I used to teach 10 year old children who would have got this right.

Edit: for the obligatory typos when complaining about other people's grammar :lol:

Bringback309s

Are they doing a whole rake in IC swallow? Slightly off topic, what happened to the blue / grey LNER rake? Is that still at Ely?

Dave91131

Are they doing a whole rake in IC swallow? Slightly off topic, what happened to the blue / grey LNER rake? Is that still at Ely?

No plans for a rake of stick to be re-liveried as far as I'm aware.

The ex-LNER blue / grey see is still at Ely, however Ely to Newport moves seem to have resumed in recent days so I suspect it'll be making its final journey soon.

On Moderation
You beat me to it! I absolutely appreciate that grammar is not everyone's strong point and that's fair enough. But it drives me up the wall that whoever is ordering these things for the power cars at EMR can't even get their grammar checked by someone who knows what is correct and incorrect. The stickers that were on some of the Paxman power cars recently, whilst a lovely touch, were atrocious. In a previous life I used to teach 10 year old children who would have got this right.

Edit: for the obligatory typos when complaining about other people's grammar :lol:
It’s to re-dress the balance for all the unnecessary/incorrect apostrophes used over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.