• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What number is this bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Can we have a different area for once next time? Please?

It's not the same if 90% of routes used are in Yorkshire (and not just because of Deerfold)...

If I get another chance I'll be moving south a bit :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
how about the E7?

Well done.

I wondered that, but it is Elland-Ripponden so not really 'from Brighouse'.

Nope. Starts from Brighouse as the E7, gets to Elland, then depending what hour we're in turns into an E3, E5 or E6 for a circular around Elland then turns back into an E7 to continue to Ripponden.

In the other direction just runs as the E7 all the way (and so is 24 minutes quicker takin 44 minutes instead of 68!).

View attachment Elland_BusTimetable.pdf

http://www.wymetro.com/NR/rdonlyres/A5CB14ED-A36D-4D43-8327-F4B0E23D6DAF/0/E007_BusTimetable.pdf

sonic2009

Established Member
Okay here goes the area is London :

My start point is one tube/national rail station and I finish at a station near to a London Undergroud Depot.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Apologies for the delay - here we go again:

We're in London.

This route (looking for its new number) is the last TfL route in London which had a suffix letter. More clues later if that's not enough for you.

Ivo

Established Member
87 (formerly 77A)

I will admit, I had to check the map to see what the new number was. But I felt sure the former route was the 77A.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
87 (formerly 77A)

I will admit, I had to check the map to see what the new number was. But I felt sure the former route was the 77A.

Well done.

London Buses relaxed their usual 2-year retirement of bus numbers between uses for that one.

Ivo

Established Member
Wasn't the former 87 usurped by the extension of the 5? Speaking of which, how have I never travelled on the TfL 5?

Anyhow, let's try this one.

This route starts a short distance south of England's newest city (but still within the council limits) and for part of its journey follows a route through the city that was introduced on a trial basis in the mid-2000s. Said trial was not successful, but the route was picked up by a different operator anyway (but not the operator that runs the route today). It is the only route in the area not served by the area's dominant operator that serves both of the settlement's two major hospitals. The number used by the present operator is the same one that has been used for the longer route for many years, as opposed to the diversion it now uses which had a different number.

52 by Regal Busways?

Wasn't the former 87 usurped by the extension of the 5? Speaking of which, how have I never travelled on the TfL 5?

Anyhow, let's try this one.

This route starts a short distance south of England's newest city (but still within the council limits) and for part of its journey follows a route through the city that was introduced on a trial basis in the mid-2000s. Said trial was not successful, but the route was picked up by a different operator anyway (but not the operator that runs the route today). It is the only route in the area not served by the area's dominant operator that serves both of the settlement's two major hospitals. The number used by the present operator is the same one that has been used for the longer route for many years, as opposed to the diversion it now uses which had a different number.

Established Member
ha ... 2 Wrexham-Oswestry?

Floor open if hell has frozen over and I'm right ;)

hmp455

Floor taken

I start in Elephant and Castle, cross the river, then go to one London termini formerly served by Networkers, and then head towards a site were there was a protest against capitalism. I then cross the ancient boundry of London, before serving another main London station. I then terminate at a London Overground/DLR interchange station.

Ivo

Established Member
Not my favourite route in England - TfL's 100.

I have a slight anger with this route owing to its operators and the relationship they have had with my father. And this goes back to June 2006, so it's not new. The one time I travelled on it I could not stop thinking about the event I am referring to, which among other problems ruined a holiday he and I went on (the only time I had been into Cornwall until earlier this year) - and would have invovled a Court trip for us both had they refused an appeal of ours.

(Before you ask, they would have been the defendants, not us.)

Ivo

Established Member
This route starts in the centre of Birmingham and has a very long route by NXWM standards. It runs to a fairly high frequency and covers not only Birmingham but also two of the other major centres in the West Midlands area, and also one area whose name is easily confused with a similar but more prominent facility nearby. It would take a brave and/or foolish person to do the entire journey though - there are numerous faster (and cheaper) alternatives available, including among others Virgin Trains services.

Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
Its the only bus in West Midlandshire that I've actually used :D

This bus starts at Piccadilly Gardens, and runs 6 trips for the full route in a week, in one direction only. There is a much more frequent service running both ways to a place along the route. It is operated by Stagecoach Manchester.

gnolife

Established Member
You changed your answer! From 9 to 126....

Yes I did, after I realised that I had put the wrong number down for the route that I was thinking of - I had originally put 9 Birmingham - Wolverhampton by mistake, and quite a bit earlier than anyone else tried to post.

Ivo

Established Member
You changed your answer! From 9 to 126....

I saw both, so I didn't mind.

For the record, I've only used it (and then only in the city centre) and the 49. Both of which were related to Challenges (although the 126 was post-Challenge).

Status
Not open for further replies.